The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Information relating to any donations made through the website (“Donation Information”) which may include value of donations, dates and times of donations, the charities or organisations in receipt of donations and records of total donations. We process this information when we process and manage donations on the basis of the performance of our contract with you, or if we have no ongoing contract with you on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing and operating the Service.
- Non-personal Information: We collect your non-personal information when you visit our app(s), including your device information, apps version and logs.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Mailing List
- Mobile App
We use the information that you have given us in order to keep you updated on our activities and events, we also pass your name, address, donation amount and date of donation onto HMRC if you opted to Gift Aid your donation.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our webservers, cloud storage services and offline data storage locations.
We keep name, address, donation amount, donation date for 7 years. We keep your app usage data for a maximum of 1 year after you have uninstalled our app(s). We will then dispose your information by deleting the data.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk